should someone seek help for a hearing loss?
Hearing impairment impacts all areas of our life. So, hearing
loss can easily affect one’s social life. People with
- Use extra energy to communicate.
- Often avoid social situations.
- May feel more stressed.
- Frequently feel less independent.
- Worry about safety at home and around town.
- Report being less satisfied with their life than those
without hearing impairment.
- State that they are not as content with their life in
Older adults with hearing loss who wear hearing aids report
less sadness and depression and better relationships with
family and friends compared to older adults with hearing loss
who did not seek help. Although there is no cure for hearing
loss, there are certainly things that can help improve quality
of life for people with hearing loss and their families.